After sorting through almost 400 applications of mentoring projects, Google has announced this year's list of projects students can contribute to.
There aren't too many FOSS gaming related projects this time though.
These are the relevant ones:
- Blender Foundation (task ideas) Ok, not really a game
- CodeCombat (task ideas) We covered it a while ago
- Copyleftgames.org (task ideas) Anyone got details on this one?
- Crystal Space Engine (task ideas) same as every year...
- Inkscape (task ideas) Ok I am stretchning it a bit here
- jMonkeyEngine (task ideas) great java game SDK
- ScummVM (task ideas) Point&click adventure game engine
- SuperTuxKart (task ideas) Yeah!
- Battle for Wesnoth (task ideas) No need to explain ;)
- Worldforge (task ideas) Also hosting: RyzomCore, CEGUI
If you are not into game developer but would still like to contribute your programming skills I recommend you to have a look at these other selected projects (totally subjective and unsorted list): Non-profit accounting, Mifos, Mixxx, Freifunk, OSGeo, Sahana & ProjectTox.
Thanks for reading & sharing Info Kita